Jan 3, 2011

What Are the Symptoms of Vaginal Herpes and How is it Treated?

Vaginal herpes is a sexually transmitted disease caused by the herpes simplex virus 2 (HSV-2). The disease is transmitted through sexual contact with an infected person or with "sex toys" that have come in contact with the virus. Symptoms of vaginal herpes can vary, and although some symptoms that arise can be very uncomfortable, the majority of women infected are not aware that they are infected. Unfortunately, this means they are unlikely to seek immediate medical attention and are more likely to spread the virus to a sexual partner.
Early symptoms of vaginal herpes are simply signs that the body is working to find an infection. These symptoms appear within two weeks of transmission of the disease and can include, but are not limited to, burning or itching sensations in the genital area, pain or burning in the buttocks area, and swollen lymph nodes, particularly in those located near the genital area. A herpes outbreak can also cause flu-like symptoms including fever and headache, as well as unusual fatigue, depression, and irritability.

Vaginal herpes symptoms, if more severe, consist of skin lesions in the genital area, often deep inside the vagina, on the cervix, or in the urinary tract where they cannot be seen by the infected woman, but where they can be highly contagious to a sexual partner. These lesions are very small, not often bigger than 1-3 millimeters in diameter, and they do not always cause pain or discomfort for the infected woman. The cycle of symptoms typically lasts two to four weeks, with lesions in dry skin areas healing more quickly than those in moist areas of the body.
Symptoms of a vaginal herpes infection are typically worst during the initial infection. As time passes, infections should become both less frequent and less severe. Like many diseases, reduced immune system function due to stress, other infections, or even poor diet, can bring on vaginal herpes symptoms. Women infected with the herpes virus should take care to stay healthy and active to help ward off future vaginal herpes infections.
Pregnant women should talk to their doctors if they suspect they have been exposed to the herpes virus. Vaginal herpes can infect the baby as it passed through the birth canal during labor. Because babies' immune systems are not fully developed at birth, a herpes infection can be life threatening and can cause serious brain, skin and eye disorders.
If no active vaginal herpes infection is found in the birth canal prior to delivery, a vaginal birth may be safe. If the infection is present, a Cesarean section procedure is a way to prevent the baby's contact with the infection.
Women can protect themselves from vaginal herpes by abstaining from sexual contact with anyone showing symptoms of a herpes virus infection. Condoms are highly effective in preventing transmission of the disease, but are by no means 100% effective since condoms do not cover all skin areas that could be infected.
Some prescription medications as well as some natural remedies can help control herpes outbreaks and could reduce the time that vaginal herpes symptoms are present.

6 comments:

  1. Help someone who need Herpes Cure from Natural Roots and Herbs.
    I'm not ashamed of testifying the goodness of Dr. AKINTUNDE in my life and my beloved mom, how we where cured from this Virus. Be kind to help anyone who is ready to be cured with Super Herbal medicine just in weeks, you can use herbal recipes to cure and eradicate Cold sores totally. No side effect in herbal medicine, Outbreak stop's immediately, from experience i had with Dr. AKINTUNDE who cured me of this virus with his herbal medicine in four weeks of taking it i was cured and confirm negetive in hospital and later on my mom was also confirmed Negative. thank you Dr. AKINTUNDE herbal Home Care. Be free to contact Dr. AKINTUNDE for help.

    https://drakintundeherbalhomecare.simdif.com

    WhatsApp Number: +12068994141

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day to all viewer online am so happy sharing this great testimony on how i was checking for solution in the internet then miraculously i came Across Dr.LOSA the powerful herbalist that Cure Numerous individuals Herpes Simplex Virus,so I contacted him base on the testimonies I?m seeing about him on the internet, I was cured too by him, kindly contact him actoday through his email he can help you email ; dr.losaherbalhome@gmail.com and so he can cure types of diseases like,HEPATITIS B,DIABETICS,CANCER,HPV,LOW SPERM CAM HIV/STDS FIBROSIS LOST OF WEIGHT .. all thank to you Dr LOSA for your kindly help in my life his Mobile number +2349056464736

    ReplyDelete
  3. Herpes is a serious and recurring disease which can't be cured through drugs or injections by the American doctors but the best way to deal with Herpes is by taking natural herbs medicine for it and is only few American doctors that know about this herbal medicine from Dr agidigbi.. I have read about Dr agidigbi the great herbalist doctor from African who can cure Herpeewith his powerful herbal medicine. for the people suffering from the following diseases Hiv, Herpes, Cancer, Als,Herpatitis, Diabetes, Hpv,Infections ETC should contact him for his herbal medicine because i am a living testimony and i was cured of Herpes. Although, i sent him what he requested and he sent me his medicine which i took for two weeks and today when i went for test i was tested Herpes negative and he can also cure herpes etc you can reach him through his WhatsApp number:+2348117952155 he will help you out or email dragidigbiherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been cured through Dr Utu African Traditional roots and herbs.
    Why so many people don't succeed in better health is because they have the belief that herbal medicines are primitive and outdated they took time ⌚ in thinking and having much doubt in herbs that can actually better their health naturally. Do you know that thinking and doubting won't solve your health problems?yes of course it won't solve it All you've to do is to stand up again and make the best move in your life. African herbs cures HIV, HSV, CANCERS, INFERTILITY, ASTHMA, PARALYSIS, DIABETES Try a reliable herbalist like Dr Utu and tell him your symptoms and feelings on;
    drutuherbalcure@gmail.com
    CALLING +2347032718477
    WHATSAPP LINE +2347032718477

    ReplyDelete
  5. I welcome you all to my roots/herbs center, @Dr_ikhide, I am here to announce to you all that there is no problem without solution, I have the roots/herbs that can cure you from any kinds of infection you may be passing through, don’t be deceive herbal medication work effectively than government hospitals drugs, once you use my medication you will get rid of any diseases like.....cancer cure
    ▪️infections
    ▪️Skin diseases ▪️Ulcers
    ▪️Toothaches
    ▪️Morning sickness
    ▪️Intestinal diseases ▪️Headaches
    ▪️Depression ▪️Low sex drive
    ▪️Coughs and asthma ▪️Dysentery ▪️Constipation ▪️Various eye problems
    ▪️Cancer ▪️Lupus
    And many other if you know anyone who has any diseases mail me on ikhideherbalcenter@gmail.com call/WhatsApp:+2348145810121 @Dr_ikhide






    #stds #hvs #diabetics #oral #herbs #hiv #cancer #pregnancy #miscarriage #asthma #lupus #diseases #plantbased #herpes #vegan #ukvegan #chronicillness #nealthyllfe #healthy #naturallife #naturalhealing #herbalmedicime #drsebi #cellfood #love #seamoss #uk @Dr_ikhide

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was the first time my granddaughter came to me and confided about her battle with oral and genital herpes and her self destructive thoughts.
    A gaping vacuum of fear and love opened inside me. I knew what it felt like for her to be in such a situation. But after hearing how someone I loved so dearly struggled I have no option but to promise her help. I wanted to help in all possible ways. I sought counsels from an old and experienced nurse whom I've known to deal on natural herbs because I believed in nature. After hearing from me she smiled and before I could say another word she replied me there's cure but natural herbs. I don't care as long as my child is cured! I shouted. She told me about a doctor in Africa who has cured people of herpes. She gave me his email drutuherbalcure@gmail.com I contacted him for my child. I got the herbs I ordered from him. My granddaughter started medication and the next day she told me it's working and within four weeks she testified to me that she's cured! I've always believed that nature has cure for any diseases and I'm happy to tell everyone my child is cured.
    Six months later before she found love we went for another test to be sure and here is the result,
    Six months after medications;
    Her hsv1&2 test results;
    Igm - 1.49
    IgG - 0.36
    She don't have any symptoms again and has moved on happily and is now in a serious relationship with her fiancee

    ReplyDelete