Jan 8, 2011

Why Herpes Blood Testing?

What's your first reaction when you hear the word herpes? Most of us grimace and recoil at the sound of it, even though many of us have dealt with it in our personal lives. The name herpes can conjure thoughts of visits to STD infested massage parlors or Caligula style orgies, but that's not a very accurate perception of a viral infection that is such a common occurrence in our society.
There are seven different forms of the herpes virus but when discussing herpes as a sexually transmitted disease (STD) we focus on type 1 and type 2. The other five types of herpes cause other illnesses such as the chicken pox or mononucleosis.
Interestingly, many people do not think of herpes 1 as herpes or as an STD. If I mention testing for type 1 herpes they'll say, "You mean cold sores? My Grandma used to get those, I'm not worried about that", or "yeah, my mom and my brother get them, but I don't have it".
The fact is herpes is transmitted through skin to skin contact, at the site of the infection, when the virus is at the surface of the skin, and it is very readily transmittable. It's estimated that over 70 percent of the adult population has type 1 herpes. Most infections are contracted before the age of five by being kissed by a parent or relative.

Symptoms of type 1 herpes are usually fluid filled blisters that become ulcers on the dry part of the lips, between the lip and nose, and even in the nostril. The common name for a herpes 1 outbreak is cold sore or fever blister. Having a cold or a fever does not create the blister, but being sick puts a strain on the immune system which can trigger the dormant herpes virus to become active. It's the outbreak's proximity to illness that give them their name.
The majority of people infected with herpes 1 do not experience cold sores or fever blisters. It's not uncommon to see immediate families that may have one or two members that suffer from reoccurring cold sores or fever blisters, but every member of the family has detectable antibodies to the virus. If antibodies are present in the blood then that person too was infected at some point in the past.
It is usually type 2 herpes that really gets people bothered. Mouth sores are one thing, but genital lesions must mean that you're unclean. No one wants to go through the uncomfortable experience of explaining that they have genital herpes. That's why many people avoid telling partners about their infection all together.
It's estimated that 20 to 25 percent of sexually active adults have herpes 2. The Centers for Disease Control believes that 70 percent of the time that herpes is transmitted the infectious person has no symptoms. Thirty percent of new herpes infections will be asymptomatic, meaning, with out a herpes blood test 3 out of 10 newly infected people may be unaware that they are infected.
Now here's the thing, herpes is not named based on where you contract it. It's not lips equal type 1 and genitals equal type 2. Type 1 herpes doesn't blush and shrink away when exposed to the genitals, just as type 2 herpes doesn't turn down the opportunity to be transmitted to the lips. Remember, herpes is transmitted through skin to skin contact, and that includes mouth to genital contact as well. Type 1 herpes can cause genital herpes and type 2 herpes can be contracted on the face.
That's why learning your herpes status through a type specific herpes blood test is important. A type specific herpes blood test is able gives separate results for both type 1 and type 2 herpes. Knowing your herpes status can help you avoid getting infected or unknowingly transmitting the infection to someone else.
You shouldn't let the social stigma surrounding herpes, or the lack of it, put you or your partners at risk for infection, and you should always feel free to discuss any concerns or questions you have with a counselor. Trained counselors are available to answer your questions at.
And remember, whenever possible, have new partners tested before having sex, and when it's not possible, use a condom until you do.

5 comments:

  1. My problem with herpes has caused me many traumas, especially on my sex life. i was cure by Dr Fred , i chose to contact him because of my past embarrassment with herpes and told him about everything which he sent me an herbal product for herpes from Dubai
    Today i can say i am cure totally from herpes, do write to Dr Fred through his email;drfredherbalcuringcenter@yahoo.com website: drfredherbalcenter.webs.com and also whatsapp him +2348139097317 so you can be cured like me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading testimony from Susan who i referred to Dr Fred now cure after few weeks of taking his herbal remedy, with this her testimony " Herpes almost frustrated me which i keep on with encouragement from family members and friend. i got my herpes cured totally with Dr Fred Herbal Remedy here in the United State because i got his whatsapp contact through a comment i saw about him getting someone cured. i wrote to him and ask some few question about his remedy. Today i am cured after just few weeks of taking his herbal remedy .Just write to him through his whatsapp channel +2348139097317 and get his herbal remedy for herpes so you can be cured and read more about him: www.drfredherbalcenter.webs.com ,email: drfredherbalcuringcenter@yahoo.com " i huge you to contact him so you can be cured

    ReplyDelete

  3. Good day to all viewer online am so happy sharing this great testimony on how i was checking for solution in the internet then miraculously i came Across Dr.LOSA the powerful herbalist that Cure Numerous individuals Herpes Simplex Virus,so I contacted him base on the testimonies I?m seeing about him on the internet, I was cured too by him, kindly contact him actoday through his email he can help you email ; dr.losaherbalhome@gmail.com and so he can cure types of diseases like,HEPATITIS B,DIABETICS,CANCER,HPV,LOW SPERM CAM HIV/STDS FIBROSIS LOST OF WEIGHT .. all thank to you Dr LOSA for your kindly help in my life his Mobile number +2349056464736

    ReplyDelete
  4. I welcome you all to my roots/herbs center, @Dr_ikhide, I am here to announce to you all that there is no problem without solution, I have the roots/herbs that can cure you from any kinds of infection you may be passing through, don’t be deceive herbal medication work effectively than government hospitals drugs, once you use my medication you will get rid of any diseases like.....cancer cure
    ▪️infections
    ▪️Skin diseases ▪️Ulcers
    ▪️Toothaches
    ▪️Morning sickness
    ▪️Intestinal diseases ▪️Headaches
    ▪️Depression ▪️Low sex drive
    ▪️Coughs and asthma ▪️Dysentery ▪️Constipation ▪️Various eye problems
    ▪️Cancer ▪️Lupus
    And many other if you know anyone who has any diseases mail me on ikhideherbalcenter@gmail.com call/WhatsApp:+2348145810121 @Dr_ikhide






    #stds #hvs #diabetics #oral #herbs #hiv #cancer #pregnancy #miscarriage #asthma #lupus #diseases #plantbased #herpes #vegan #ukvegan #chronicillness #nealthyllfe #healthy #naturallife #naturalhealing #herbalmedicime #drsebi #cellfood #love #seamoss #uk @Dr_ikhide

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was the first time my granddaughter came to me and confided about her battle with oral and genital herpes and her self destructive thoughts.
    A gaping vacuum of fear and love opened inside me. I knew what it felt like for her to be in such a situation. But after hearing how someone I loved so dearly struggled I have no option but to promise her help. I wanted to help in all possible ways. I sought counsels from an old and experienced nurse whom I've known to deal on natural herbs because I believed in nature. After hearing from me she smiled and before I could say another word she replied me there's cure but natural herbs. I don't care as long as my child is cured! I shouted. She told me about a doctor in Africa who has cured people of herpes. She gave me his email drutuherbalcure@gmail.com I contacted him for my child. I got the herbs I ordered from him. My granddaughter started medication and the next day she told me it's working and within four weeks she testified to me that she's cured! I've always believed that nature has cure for any diseases and I'm happy to tell everyone my child is cured.
    Six months later before she found love we went for another test to be sure and here is the result,
    Six months after medications;
    Her hsv1&2 test results;
    Igm - 1.49
    IgG - 0.36
    She don't have any symptoms again and has moved on happily and is now in a serious relationship with her fiancee

    ReplyDelete